Senior Project Engineer
- A competitive market salary package, company vehicle and tools of trade.
- Build a rewarding career with a company committed to your professional growth an
- Join a thriving company with exciting projects and ample opportunities for caree
Are you a motivated and skilled Civil Project Engineer looking to take the next step in your career? Are you looking for development in a growing environment where your contributions are valued? If so, this opportunity may be for you perfect opportunity for you!
We’re excited to be supporting our civil client, a rapidly growing tier two main contractor with an impressive portfolio of civil construction projects throughout New Zealand. With a solid reputation for delivering excellence and innovation, our client is a proud and equal opportunities employer committed to building sustainable infrastructure that positively impacts local communities.
We are seeking a dedicated and passionate Senior Project Engineer where you will play a pivotal role in the successful delivery of various civil projects, ensuring they are completed on time, within budget, and to the highest quality standards.
- Collaborate with a flat-structured project management team, clients, and stakeholders to plan and execute civil construction projects effectively.
- Prepare and review project schedules, ensuring adherence to timelines and milestones.
- Oversee the construction site, ensuring compliance with safety regulations and best practices.
- Monitor project progress, identify potential issues, and implement corrective measures to keep projects on track.
- Work closely with subcontractors and suppliers to maintain strong working relationships and drive project efficiency.
- Perform technical analysis, feasibility studies, and cost estimation for upcoming projects.
- Assist in the preparation of project documentation, reports, and budget analysis.
- Actively participate in design reviews and value engineering initiatives to optimize project outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Project Engineer in the civil construction industry, ideally 8+ years experience.
- Strong knowledge of, and demonstrable examples of civil engineering principles, techniques, and regulations.
- A background in structures, piling and concrete is a bonus, however a generalist project engineer would also be suitable.
- Proficiency in project management tools and software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse teams.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving and a keen eye for detail.
- Commitment to safety and a drive for delivering high-quality results.
- Join a thriving and expanding company with a strong commitment to employee development.
- Work on exciting and challenging civil construction projects that positively impact communities across the North Island.
- Enjoy a supportive and collaborative work environment with opportunities for growth and advancement.
- Competitive salary package, company vehicle and tools of trade.
How to Apply:
If you are ready to take on an exciting role with a leading main contractor and grow your career in the civil engineering industry, we want to hear from you! To apply, hit APPLY NOW with your updated CV.
For a confidential chat on this role, please reach out to Clarence on Clarence@scitex.co.nz.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Interviews for this role may not take place prior to Christmas. Scitex will be closed over the Christmas break from 22nd Dec to 7th Jan.
To apply for this vacancy, you must be a New Zealand citizen, resident, or have already secured the right to work in New Zealand and therefore hold a valid visa.
Scitex specialises in permanent, contract and temporary recruitment – and has done since 1987. We are here to engineer better Mondays. We love connecting talented people with great work opportunities in workplaces where you can thrive and make a meaningful difference.