Senior Planning Engineer
- Deliver critical water design for the community and the climate
- Develop your career in a supportive and focused environment
- Flexible arrangements, competitive salary, and great benefits
Our client is at the forefront of water management, committed to delivering innovative solutions and ensuring the resilience of communities across Wellington, and we are proud to be partnering with them in the search for a Senior Planning Engineer to join their growing strategy and planning team.
As Senior Planning Engineer, you will act as the key support in the delivery of the organisation’s growth planning and land development programmes of work. Contributing to developing early project development initiatives will enable you to deliver integrated future growth studies, investigations and planning, as well as the support of asset infrastructure (typically delivered by third parties).
Other key focuses include moving to a more mature approach around international asset management standards, and being a key conduit around RMA consenting processes and submissions, so your experience in this area will be key to success.
Working with a wide range of stakeholders, including councils, developers and major infrastructure providers you’ll stay abreast of updates and reform across land and water bylaws, policies and standards, while representing the needs of the organisation and wider community
Core responsibilities for the role require you to:
- Mature the approach to future demand management under ISO55000 International Standard for Asset Management.
- Deliver growth planning core activities and participate in district planning processes.
- Drive development of early project development processes for growth planning.
- Work with external major infrastructure providers to understand programmes of work that will impact 3 Waters networks and delivery programmes.
- Lead and coordinate the organisational delivery of third party three waters assets, and integrate programmes of work in collaboration of both internal and external parties.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have an active professional membership to Engineering NZ or NZ Planning Institute (or similar entity).
- Bachelor’s degree qualification in engineering, planning project management or similar.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in 3 waters investigation, design, infrastructure planning, or project management.
- Be experienced in the delivery of three waters infrastructure engineering standards and specifications.
- Have a strong understanding of three waters infrastructure design, Resource Management Act, Local Government Act, NZ regulatory environment and consenting processes.
- Capability to work with various stakeholders, including consultants, councils, and internal teams.
- Experience either in local / regional government organisations and / or consultancy organisations.
You will engage in critical projects with high-profile visibility and be comfortable with committed funding and a huge forward workload. In a supportive, and family-oriented work environment, this is a culture of knowledge sharing, and an organisation that is strongly positioned for any potential future water reforms.
As a result you can expect a very competitive salary commensurate with your experience and a wide list of employee benefits, professional development and career progression.
How to Apply
It is an exciting time to be working in the water sector, not only are you at the forefront of looking after our most precious assets: water, human health and welfare and the environment, but proposed changes for the sector is increasing awareness around the importance of appropriately managing the three waters for future generations and creating new opportunities.
To express your interest in this position, please submit your CV and Cover Letter today by hitting APPLY. For further information on this role, or a confidential discussion, please call Clarence in the first instance at Scitex Recruitment on 09 222 2810 or email at email@example.com
To apply for this vacancy, you MUST be a New Zealand citizen, resident, or have already secured the right to work in New Zealand and therefore hold a valid visa.
– – – – – – – –
Scitex specialises in permanent, contract and temporary recruitment – and has done since 1987. We are here to engineer better Mondays. We love connecting talented people with great work opportunities in workplaces where you can thrive and make a meaningful difference.