Senior Maintenance Fitter
- Excellent job security with this successful paint manufacturer.
- Great base plus benefits: Health and Life Insurance and extra superannuation
- Central Mt Wellington location (close to motorway)
As a Senior Maintenance Fitter, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the Preventative Maintenance (PM) programme is up to date and on schedule. You will generate monthly reports as needed, along with a PM compliance report. Ensure the reliability and efficiency of the company’s machinery and equipment in helping to minimize downtime and maximize productivity.
A bit about the role
- Work with the maintenance team in servicing, adjusting, and carrying out repairs and maintenance to plant, machinery, and other equipment.
- Ensure proper storage of materials and tools, and uphold the maintenance of all tools and equipment.
- Keep precise and current documentation of all activities conducted on plant and machinery.
- Involvement in “continuous improvement” projects.
- Root cause analysis for persistent problems and oversight of contractors when required.
- Carry out other duties as and when required or as directed by the Engineering Manager or the Operations Manager.
A bit about you
- Extensive experience as a Maintenance Fitter in the fields of process and manufacturing.
- A background in electrical knowledge and experience is required.
- Sound knowledge of pneumatic & hydraulic applications
- Experience with working in hazardous environments and a sound knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Excellent planning and scheduling experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer literate with good Microsoft Office skills
- A competitive market salary rate
- Secured with full health and life cover insurance
- A regular medical check-up
- Up to 5% superannuation contribution by the company
About the company
This is a respected and award-winning company that is successful and proven in the paint industry. They’ve been in the market for more than 100 years and operating worldwide. They continually innovate and improve as the company grows and are known for their excellent company culture where dedication and loyalty are well rewarded and staff is highly valued.
How to apply
If you’re seeking a change to an exciting new role, APPLY NOW, or contact Clarence at firstname.lastname@example.org or 09 222 2810 for further information on the role.
To apply for this vacancy you MUST be a New Zealand citizen, resident, or have already secured the right to work in New Zealand and therefore hold a valid visa.
Scitex specialises in permanent, contract and temporary recruitment – and has done since 1987. We are here to engineer better Mondays. We love connecting talented people with great work opportunities in workplaces where you can thrive and make a meaningful difference.