Senior Engineer – Design
- Deliver critical water design for the community and the climate
- Develop your career in a supportive and focused environment
- Flexible arrangements, competitive salary, and great benefits
- Act as the recognised expert in design and project management
- Manage multiple, large scale and complex projects through investigation and design to construction across three waters focus areas.
- Oversee contract documentation preparation, tender process and contract administration.
- Investigate issues around water supply, wastewater and stormwater utilities and work to provide streamlined solutions.
- Actively manage stakeholders to ensure project deliverables are met, and relationships are strong.
- Ensure strategic outcomes across the team are delivered and a wider project delivery programme meets all standards and deliverables.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have CPEng status and a minimum of a Bachelor of Engineering in either civil or environmental engineering.
- Have experience in managing design processes and specialist consultants
- Be experienced in the delivery of three waters infrastructure projects.
- Have a strong understanding of three waters infrastructure design and construction and solid understanding of water quality requirements
- Possess a detailed knowledge of project management practice including pre-tender phase, scheduling works, budget management and stakeholder engagement
- Have prior exposure to GIS and project management software
- Capability to work with a variety of stakeholders, including consultants, councils, and internal teams, and direct reports.
- Familiarity with New Zealand’s regulatory environment and consenting processes.
- Design experience preferred.
- Experience either in local / regional government organisations and / or consultancy organisations.
You will engage in critical projects with high-profile visibility, and will be comfortable that there is committed funding and a huge forward workload. In a supportive, and family-oriented work environment, this is a culture of knowledge sharing, and an organisation that is strongly positioned for any potential future water reforms.
– – – – – – – –