Quality Control Technician
- Highly successful market leader in paints & coatings industry.
- Great, motivated team with an excellent and supportive company culture.
- Excellent opportunity to develop and progress your career.
Specialists in the manufacture, formulation and specification of high-performance industrial protective coatings, fireproofing, flooring and marine coatings throughout Southern Pacific and Australasian regions, our client is dedicated to building enduring customer relationships and providing world-class products backed by world-class technology.
This is a rare opportunity to join one of the industry’s best – a company that is highly successful in its market AND its culture. It’s no secret this organisation is known for the value they place on their staff, investing in their career progression and supporting them to be as successful as they can be in their chosen roles.
As a QC Technician, you will play a pivotal role in maintaining product quality through routine testing, investigatory work, and support functions. Reporting to the R&D Technical Manager, you’ll contribute to a hazard-free and efficient laboratory environment.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Accurately test daily production using specified methods.
- Support production hands and conduct spot checks to ensure efficient manufacturing.
- Ensure good housekeeping and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Test and report on products subject to complaints in a timely manner.
- Active in maintaining a hazard-free work area, observing PPE requirements and reporting risks and hazards promptly.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary Qualification in Chemistry.
- Graduate or perhaps you have 1-2 years experience in coatings/paint QC or R&D.
- Lift 25kg without assistance.
- Excellent remuneration along with Health Insurance for employee.
- Free yearly Medical Checkups & Flue Vaccinations
- A potential opportunity to ultimately progress your career to a Chemist.
How to apply
Please Click APPLY or contact Gary Scott on 09 200 3124 for a confidential discussion to learn more about the role.
To apply for this vacancy you MUST be a New Zealand citizen, resident, or have already secured the right to work in New Zealand and therefore hold a valid visa.
Scitex specialises in permanent, contract and temporary recruitment – and has done since 1987. We are here to engineer better Mondays. We love connecting talented people with great work opportunities in workplaces where you can thrive and make a meaningful difference.