- Project Management, design draughting
- Innovative business with leading technology
- Super company culture, company on the move!
Our client is a kiwi success story – this family owned business foresee significant growth around the corner and their continued momentum has led to the requirement for new team members for their engineering team.
Fabrication and engineering are their focus, but they don’t stop there. They excel in design and delivery, plus everything in-between. Part of their secret is a commitment to investment in cutting edge technology, giving their team an opportunity to work with world leading machinery while delivering superior products and services. They thrive on improvement and growth.
With strong core values of pride, passion, drive for improvement, one team – one goal, underpinned by a family business mentality, they are a superb team to join who offer a great working environment that is hard to leave!
Having continued to experience ongoing growth, they are seeking a Project Engineer to join their engineering team reporting to the General Manager. The purpose of this role is to provide accurate and effective draughting and project management services.
What you’ll do:
- Project management – from design to delivery, end to end
- Draughting the design – gather required information, generate and issue approved drawings
- Client management & communication
- Monitor the projects and costs; carry out effective project reviews
- Manage subcontractor partnerships ensuring delivery & quality are preserved
- Consult with the fabricator to ensure parts are delivered to match project needs
- Offer strong leadership skills to support and enable the smooth running of the engineering team (in partnership with the GM).
- Drive business improvement: spread their vision, champion the values, maintain 5S standards, identify opportunities for growth
Who you’ll be:
- Strong in both 2D and 3D draughting
- You’ve worked in a similar role in stainless steel or sheet metal fabrication, ideally for a minimum of 3-5 years
- But also, you’ll…
- Bring a practical can-do attitude
- Be a team player; collaborate well with others
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong planning and organisations skills
- Bring a commitment to strong H&S practices
Sound like you? Call Gareth or Pavan on 09 525 5520 today for a confidential discussion, or apply online using reference 06/2009/GR.
Due to COVID-19 international travel restrictions, this opportunity would best suit a permanent resident or NZ citizen.