PART TIME (20 Hrs/Week) Accounts/Administration – Sole Charge
- Busy marine business – happy team & great culture!
- A role with lots of variation & you will definitely feel part of the team
- Xero & Workflow Max Job Management, Debtors/Creditors, Bank Reconciliations
PART TIME – 20 HOURS PER WEEK – FLEXIBILITY!!!
About the company
Opportunity to join one of Auckland’s leading boatbuilding company’s who are well respected for their 1st class quality work and commitment to continue to be known as ‘one of the best’ where they excel in workmanship, quality and customer service.
Key functions of the roleTo support a busy and successful boatbuilding company, based in an attractive marina environment, where your key focus will be to primarily manage accounts/administration functions utilising Xero through to Trial Balance.
You will enjoy many varied tasks where you will definitely feel part of the team with an understanding of all facets of the business. Working closely with the Managing Director/Owner to ensure the efficient running of the business on an end-to-end basis.
Indicative day to day tasks
- Processing daily emails ranking by urgency, liaising with the Owner & Workshop Supervisor
- Responsibility for accurate input in Xero of information, Debtors/Creditors etc
- Month end Creditors Statements & Bank Reconciliations
- Send information to the Accountants at month end
- Enter each vessel’s labour/consumables into Workflow Max
- Complete boat repair/rebuild estimates for customers in Quotient Database
- Undertake a varied mix of tasks to ensure the office is kept clean and tidy and has necessary consumables/equipment etc
Who are we looking for
- A proven sole-charge Accounts/Administrator experienced in Xero, who is capable, accurate and efficient. You will have an ‘eye for detail’, lots of initiative and great problem-solving skills
- A natural ‘people person’ who is warm & easy going, a fantastic communicator with the ability to fit in and enjoy relating to a diverse mix of personalities
- You like being flexible and are able to adapt – ‘think outside the box’
- Excellent numeracy and sound IT skills, Outlook, Word, Basic Excel
- Be self-motivated, able to plan your day & work autonomously
- Impressive written & verbal communication skills
- Have a ‘can-do’ attitude & be happy to ‘roll up your sleeves’ & pitch in with various tasks to ensure the business runs smoothly. Sense of humour esssential!
To Apply If this sounds like your ‘dream job’ don’t hesitate to submit your Resume via the link below. Alternatively call Linda Ford in confidence on 021 888408 to learn more about this amazing opportunity to work in a wonderful environment where culture is king and it’s all about team.
To apply for this vacancy you MUST be a New Zealand citizen, resident, or have already secured the right to work in New Zealand and therefore hold a valid visa.
Scitex specialises in permanent, contract and temporary recruitment – and has done since 1987. We are here to engineer better Mondays. We love connecting talented people with great work opportunities in workplaces where you can thrive and make a meaningful difference.