Fitter Turner – Maintenance Engineer
- Rare & great opp for exp hands-on Fitter/Turner – Maintenance Engineer
- Food industry
- Join a successful team & enjoy new production plant
Our client is a dynamic food manufacturer focusing on supplying high quality and innovative products to national & international markets.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a full time Fitter/Turner to join the Company’s Head of Maintenance to work in a day shift role where you will be responsible for preventative maintenance and breakdowns of their sophisticated machinery platform. A key focus of your role will be to support the business in maintaining the manufacturing environment in a safe manner in order to meet daily production needs.
Working closely with the various departments, the key objective of this role is to ensure the maintenance of site plant and equipment is at quality standard via Planned & Breakdown Maintenance, enabling maximum production levels to be sustained in a high speed and dynamic environment.
- Ensuring the facility and equipment is maintained in a safe and operational state of readiness at all times in order to fulfil daily production requirements and ensure product safety, quality and legality is not compromised
- Ensure comprehensive and complete engineering records are maintained including preventative maintenance schedules, machine history, purchase orders and equipment manuals
- Conducts preventative maintenance tasks to include lubrication, inspections, component replacement etc to minimize production downtime.
- The successful applicant will have previous experience working within a maintenance team where you have worked to achieve set maintenance targets in a manufacturing environment that includes fostering safety in your team as a priority.
- The role is predominantly mechanical trade background however electrical experience would be highly regarded
- Ideally a Trade/Advanced Trade Certificate or Bachelor’s degree with extensive hands-on experience, minimum 5-7 years within an FMCG/manufacturing environment
- PLC troubleshooting experience – programming skills would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent communication skills along with great analytical problem-solving abilities.
- Well-developed customer focus and the ability to speak effectively, interact persuasively in positive or negative situations, listening and getting clarification
- Competency in Microsoft office and electronic preventive maintenance programs
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- This is a Temporary role, as such we are seeking someone who is available soon.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity please send your Resume (WORD FORMAT) in the first instance to Linda Ford quoting 04/2005/LF, email email@example.com
All applications will be treated in the utmost of confidence.