Fire Testing Engineer
- BRANZ’s new world-class, cutting-edge fire lab will be operational in 2024
- Join a collaborative and supportive team of experienced Fire Testing Engineers
- Competitive compensation package
About the company:
BRANZ is an independent and impartial research, testing and consulting company focused on challenging Aotearoa New Zealand to create a building system that delivers better outcomes for all.
For more than 50 years, BRANZ has been based in Judgeford, half an hour from central Wellington. We are currently building a brand new, state-of-the-art, fire testing laboratory, which will be operational in 2024, which will replace our existing fire lab.
BRANZ opened our new structural testing laboratory in 2023. Both labs – along with our materials testing laboratories and workshops – support our commercial testing, research programmes and assurance services work.
About the role:
BRANZ is looking for experienced Fire Testing Engineers to work in their Consultancy Services business area. As a Fire Testing Engineer, you will lead a variety of fire testing projects – including both fire resistance and reaction to fire testing. Fire testing activities include large-scale furnace testing, room testing, bench-scale testing as well as a 3-storey façade testing facility that allows us to test vertical fire spread on cladding systems. As well as working with clients, you will undertake data analysis, report writing, as well as undertaking the tests themselves.
You will also work alongside other internationally renowned engineers, researchers and scientists as part of the wider BRANZ team.
Find out more about BRANZ here – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcV9hOPvDZM
What we need from you:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in fire testing at an internationally accredited laboratory
- Up to date knowledge of fire testing standards and scientific developments
- Specialist technical skills using fire testing instrumentation technology
- Ideally, you will have the ability to use your extensive first-hand testing experience to prepare Fire Assessment reports for variations to tested systems, or where actual fire testing is unable to take place
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering, Science or other technical field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience in building relationships with clients
- Proven track record of delivering fire testing projects
- A practical approach and a natural curiosity about construction, materials and assembly details and post-test analysis
What we can offer:
BRANZ has a large modern complex in Judgeford, a rural area half an hour from Wellington city.
BRANZ is a great place to build a career. We have a collaborative environment that provides support and encourages personal development. Some of the other benefits to staff include a subsidised cafeteria and free onsite carparking. We also have an active social club and there are numerous opportunities for outdoor activities on our doorstep including walking, running, biking and golf.
To discuss this opportunity or apply for the role, please contact Belinda McKenzie at Scitex Recruitment on 09 525 5520 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications from overseas candidates are welcome and support would be provided to apply for a New Zealand Accredited Employer Work Visa for the successful candidate/s.
Scitex specialises in permanent, contract and temporary recruitment – and has done since 1987. We are here to engineer better Mondays. We love connecting talented people with great work opportunities in workplaces where you can thrive and make a meaningful difference.