Business Development Manager – Engineering
- Join one of NZ’s leading edge high-end automated engineering market leaders
- Opportunity to promote world-class engineering solutions
- Great culture & opportunity to utilise your sharp sales & engineering skills
- Have a proactive and strategic approach to developing new business
- Manage monthly and quarterly business plans that optimise opportunities that support the continued growth & financial success of the business
- Ensure an effective prospect pipeline is aligned to target customers
- Scope opportunities & liaise with the Estimating Team to ensure specs and designs are accurate
- Monitor sales KPI’s and refine strategy to ensure forecasted results
It is envisaged that the successful candidate’s background will reflect a professional and successful sales achievement track record, ideally in specialised industrial engineering solutions or an aligned sector that demonstrates your performance as a high level performer.
- Ideally a Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Design or an experienced Fitter Turner, or similar, with proven experience in a commercial sales & marketing role, where you have had exposure to special purpose automated production technology – sheetmetal/fabrication.
- Focused, energetic and an excellent communicator who can develop quick rapports and utilise your great interpersonal skills to develop long lasting relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experienced in developing the equipment concepts and detail cost calculations for proposals either individually or by harvesting ideas, data and internal experience from others.
- Innovative with strong problem-solving capability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and confidence to communicate and present to a diverse audience of stakeholders across all levels of business.
This is an exciting opportunity that will challenge your technical creativity and sales abilities where you will be able to easily share the company’s vision with passion and conviction and champion their values through every interaction both internally & externally.